RPGM HeartSpire - Tale of a Forgotten Realm [v0.2.3] [heart_synthesis]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
i still don't get why AI art is so hated here... it's a pretty good solution to the problem of "I can't draw and don't want that to hold me back".

thx 4 share i'll give it a shot
It's not just 'here'. Pixiv did a mega purge of many AI images a while back, and DLsite now hides fully AI works in their own subcategory. AI art does have a place when used wisely, but it's being overused and most of it still looks like shit. There are some cases where people heavily curate the AI art and use different models, and it looks a hell of a lot better. Most devs don't do this however, hence the increasing amount of bile people have for it.

Reactions: N1rox98

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
To be fair to the creator, I personally only noticed the six fingered picture because I purposely counted them out of curiosity, considering it was AI. Hand actually looks quite good even with the extra finger. Though once you notice you can't unsee it, at least for me.
It's obvious just from the style, never mind the fingers, and extra thumb. Ain't just noodle fingers that are tells.

Reactions: terminallyonline

Setback7413

Sep 5, 2022
-Against boss the game put itself on active battle
-Didn't manage to reproduce but on active at speed 5 the game sort of crashed, some 'type' wasn't found or something like that, i remember i was spamming attack.
-Gave the fairy the chocolate i found in the inn but she didn't want to accompany me dunno what to do for that.

Except for that I liked it, looks a bit grindy tho but I really really dig your AI art, even the mc looks cool

Reactions: heart_synthesis
Sep 13, 2024
-Against boss the game put itself on active battle
-Didn't manage to reproduce but on active at speed 5 the game sort of crashed, some 'type' wasn't found or something like that, i remember i was spamming attack.
-Gave the fairy the chocolate i found in the inn but she didn't want to accompany me dunno what to do for that.

Except for that I liked it, looks a bit grindy tho but I really really dig your AI art, even the mc looks cool
Thank you! I will look into that bug.

For the fairy:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I may need to make this more apparent. Eventually there will be a library in town that will give hints to gameplay like this as well.

defnotalt

Jul 13, 2021
Suggestion for the dev, and any AI art game devs for that matter: please do not use these absolutely generic-ass SD models that always end up with the same color palette, gloss and face. We've already seen a few people using AI image generation in ways that feel (almost) natural and unique.

Fine tune your stuff, maybe even use LoRAs to give it a final touch that doesn't feel as boring, etc. Otherwise, your games will be forever categorized as generic cheap slop. AI art in games can work to an extend, but it needs more effort than most people want to put. I say this here because the dev is close to having something decent, but the results are still very generic-AI looking.

DestinyEchols

Dec 25, 2018
It's a lazy solution, learning to draw and hiring an artist are basic solutions.
And as a counter point both are time consuming to the point of causing someone to burn out completely with learning to draw, while trying to find an artist that fits or could fit your vision is most of the time difficult or simply isn't an option because of the costs involved there. While I don't like AI art I can also see it as a good placeholder and in some cases it can make something nice but most of the time it has a blandness to it because of how repetitive the models can look.

Sep 13, 2024
Suggestion for the dev, and any AI art game devs for that matter: please do not use these absolutely generic-ass SD models that always end up with the same color palette, gloss and face. We've already seen a few people using AI image generation in ways that feel (almost) natural and unique.

Fine tune your stuff, maybe even use LoRAs to give it a final touch that doesn't feel as boring, etc. Otherwise, your games will be forever categorized as generic cheap slop. AI art in games can work to an extend, but it needs more effort than most people want to put. I say this here because the dev is close to having something decent, but the results are still very generic-AI looking.
This is actually a custom model and multiple loras I am using. I have spent a lot of time making different art styles with ai art. I stuck with a fantasy anime style for this one because I felt it fit the style and tone. Anime also is a lot easier to recreate a character without having to make a lora for each of them, and it is easier to make NSFW scenes.

Reactions: Sukebe_S
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote